Why Is Vitamin C So Important?
What is Vitamin C:
'Vitamin C' is a micronutrient known as ascorbic acid, which can be found in various fruits and vegetables.
Functions of Vitamin C:
1. Research has demonstraited that Vitamin C helps slow down the aging process of skin cells. It also assists in the production of collagen and neurotransmitters
2. Vitamin C helps you absorb larger amounts of iron decreasing the likelihood of developing anemia, infact the 'American Journal of Clinical Nutrition' demonstraited that taking vitamin C with a meal was directly associated with an increase of iron absorption by up to 67%.
3. It has been shown to decrease symptoms caused by viruses.
4. Vitamin C also acts as an anti-oxidant neutralizing free-radicals, which have been associated with Cancer
5. It also assists in the production of collagen and neurotransmitters
6. Vitamin C also helps in the generation of hydrogen peroxide which may help to kill viruses.
7. Finally this micronutrient has also been shown to support your heart health when utilised regularly, by assisting in the lowering of 'bad cholesterol' levels (LDL).
List Of Foods Containing Vitamin C From Highest To Lowest Dose:
1. kiwi 2. bell peppers 3. orange 4. strawberries 5. papaya 6. pineapple 7. grapefruit 8. broccoli 9. brussel sprouts 10. mango 11. tomato 12. spinach