there are so many different ways to workout these days, but A long time favourite of ours has to be ’Tabata’...
What Is Tabata?
Tabata is a Japanese form of High Intensity Interval Training (often referred to as HIIT)
This workout is made up of 8 rounds of high intensity exercises, each round involves 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. It’s up to you whether you choose to do the same exercise for all 8 rounds or mix it up with several different movements.
Benefits Of Tabata Training:
1. It is highly efficient, as each workout only lasts 4 minutes, therefore it will have little interference with the rest of your day.
2. Due to the short time frame, unlike regular cardio workouts you will not run the risk of losing muscle mass
3. It’s a fat burning workout, as this form of training provides a boost to your metabolism afterwards (increasing your base metabolic rate).
4. Tabata can be done anywhere, as you have flexibility with the movements you choose, this form of exercise can be completed at home, in the gym or even in a hotel room while travelling.
5. this form of training improves both your anaerobic (without Oxygen) and aerobic (Oxygen dependant) systems, giving you the best of both worlds.
6. It’s scaleable, you can increase the timeframe from 4 minutes up to 20 minutes, if you wish.
7. Due to the high intensity of this workout, you will be sure to get a rush of endorphins afterwards, which may set you up for a win later in the day.
Harrogate Chiropractor Tom's Favourite Workout Mix:
Each of the exercises below are completed for 2 rounds...
- Kettlebell swing
- Front Squats or Thrusters
- Bird Dogs